Barclays to close town centre bank branch
- Credit: Google StreetView
One of only two remaining bank branches in Aylsham is closing.
Barclays has said its Market Place branch will shut its doors on January 11 next year, meaning customers will have to travel to the next nearest branches in Hoveton, Taverham or Holt.
A spokesman said the decision was not an easy one, but that there had been a "sustained fall in branch visits across the UK".
He said: “This is reflected at the Aylsham branch where there has been an 8pc reduction in cash counter transactions in the two years to March 2020.
"In addition, 81pc of our customers at the branch are also using different ways to bank.
You may also want to watch:
“We will work with our customers and provide alternative options to ensure they can continue to manage their money and receive financial expertise when required.”
Barclays said branch employees would be offered alternative roles elsewhere.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 3 Bonfire Night fireworks to return to town
- 4 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 5 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
- 6 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 7 Town commuters stuck in 30 minute delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 8 Chris Packham to speak at north Norfolk climate event
- 9 Bryan Adams announces 2022 Norfolk concert
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop
They said only 104 regular customers used the branch exclusively for their banking.