Barclays to close town centre bank branch
- Credit: Google StreetView
One of only two remaining bank branches in Aylsham is closing.
Barclays has said its Market Place branch will shut its doors on January 11 next year, meaning customers will have to travel to the next nearest branches in Hoveton, Taverham or Holt.
A spokesman said the decision was not an easy one, but that there had been a "sustained fall in branch visits across the UK".
He said: “This is reflected at the Aylsham branch where there has been an 8pc reduction in cash counter transactions in the two years to March 2020.
"In addition, 81pc of our customers at the branch are also using different ways to bank.
“We will work with our customers and provide alternative options to ensure they can continue to manage their money and receive financial expertise when required.”
Barclays said branch employees would be offered alternative roles elsewhere.
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
They said only 104 regular customers used the branch exclusively for their banking.