North Norfolk awards ceremony celebrates the best of Norfolk’s independent suppliers
- Credit: Alexa King
The quality and quantity of high end food suppliers in Norfolk has been celebrated with an awards ceremony.
Every year the county's finest independent food stockists gather at the C T Baker Budgens 'Local Supplier of the Year' awards ceremony.
The evening marked the seventh year of the event, which in previous years has seen winners such as Sharrington Strawberries, Martin's Farm, Cornerways Nursery, Broadland Hams and H V Graves butchers.
Michael Baker, managing director of C T Bakers Group, announced that this years winner is Havensfield Eggs.
He said: 'Havensfield eggs have been previous winners under another name and we call them local although they are on the Suffolk border. They are always happy to support promotions and will fit in with our stock requirements. Their products sit in our top five every week of the year.'
You may also want to watch:
Runners up were Cromer's Jonas Seafoods and King's Lynn's Roger Holme Foods.
Mr Baker added: 'Dealing locally keeps food miles to a minimum, freshness to the forefront and the money circulating in our local economy. Local produce is something to be promoted as special compared with supermarket brands and not to be treated as a simple commodity with prices slashed.'
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 7 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 8 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 9 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 10 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
Guests at the event were treated to a three course dinner featuring many of the produts which are local sourced by C T Baker Budgens'.
Members of the public can also look forward to seeing what's on offer at C T Bakers Group with a series of food fairs held on July 29 and August 12 and 26 at Bakers Court, Holt.