North Norfolk awards ceremony celebrates the best of Norfolk’s independent suppliers
- Credit: Alexa King
The quality and quantity of high end food suppliers in Norfolk has been celebrated with an awards ceremony.
Every year the county's finest independent food stockists gather at the C T Baker Budgens 'Local Supplier of the Year' awards ceremony.
The evening marked the seventh year of the event, which in previous years has seen winners such as Sharrington Strawberries, Martin's Farm, Cornerways Nursery, Broadland Hams and H V Graves butchers.
Michael Baker, managing director of C T Bakers Group, announced that this years winner is Havensfield Eggs.
He said: 'Havensfield eggs have been previous winners under another name and we call them local although they are on the Suffolk border. They are always happy to support promotions and will fit in with our stock requirements. Their products sit in our top five every week of the year.'
Runners up were Cromer's Jonas Seafoods and King's Lynn's Roger Holme Foods.
Mr Baker added: 'Dealing locally keeps food miles to a minimum, freshness to the forefront and the money circulating in our local economy. Local produce is something to be promoted as special compared with supermarket brands and not to be treated as a simple commodity with prices slashed.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
Guests at the event were treated to a three course dinner featuring many of the produts which are local sourced by C T Baker Budgens'.
Members of the public can also look forward to seeing what's on offer at C T Bakers Group with a series of food fairs held on July 29 and August 12 and 26 at Bakers Court, Holt.