Norfolk firm named Britain’s best independent department store
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk department store has won another national award.
Bakers & Larners of Holt has been named as Britain's Best Independent Department Store at the 2019 Housewares Innovation Awards.
It's the second time the store has won this prestigious accolade, having been named Best Independent Department Store at the Housewares Innovation Awards in 2016 and also at the Excellence in Housewares Awards in 2015.
A spokesman said: 'Bakers & Larners would like to take this opportunity to thank its staff for their continued hard work and dedication to realise the store's latest accolade, and its customers — without whom this award simply would not be possible.'
Managing director Michael Baker said: 'Again, through the hard work and dedication of our staff, Bakers & Larners of Holt has picked up another national award for excellence.'
You may also want to watch:
The store beat off competition from fellow finalists Atkinsons (Sheffield), Barnitts (York), Dawsons (Clitheroe) and Housing Units (Failsworth).
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Happisburgh Lighthouse reopens to the public