Norfolk firm named Britain’s best independent department store
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk department store has won another national award.
Bakers & Larners of Holt has been named as Britain's Best Independent Department Store at the 2019 Housewares Innovation Awards.
It's the second time the store has won this prestigious accolade, having been named Best Independent Department Store at the Housewares Innovation Awards in 2016 and also at the Excellence in Housewares Awards in 2015.
A spokesman said: 'Bakers & Larners would like to take this opportunity to thank its staff for their continued hard work and dedication to realise the store's latest accolade, and its customers — without whom this award simply would not be possible.'
Managing director Michael Baker said: 'Again, through the hard work and dedication of our staff, Bakers & Larners of Holt has picked up another national award for excellence.'
You may also want to watch:
The store beat off competition from fellow finalists Atkinsons (Sheffield), Barnitts (York), Dawsons (Clitheroe) and Housing Units (Failsworth).
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 10 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting