New quarter of a million pounds Food Hall opens in north Norfolk
- Credit: Leonard Owen
A brand new quarter of a million pounds food hall has now opened in north Norfolk.
Bakers and Larners in Holt have refurbished their popular wine department, and have added a new bakery and patisserie.
The new 4,500sqft food department was made public on Thursday, March 15.
The Food Hall development adds a host of new features to the department store, which is home to over 1,100 unique wine varieties and a cellar dating back to the 17th century.
The Fine Wine department is one of the Norfolk region's first providers of the Enomatic wine tasting system, allowing customers to sample the store's best vintages.
New to the store is the bakery and patisserie department, supplying freshly baked goods daily.
'The Bakers and Larners Food Hall and Fine Wine department being nationally recognised deserve and justify this investment, which puts them in the upper echelons of food and wine retailing in the country.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
'The newly refurbished store with the customer service team are surely the benchmark by which others should be judged,'? said managing director, Michael Baker.