Backing for North Walsham toilets plans
A plan to rebuild shops, flats and public toilets in the middle of North Walsham is being backed by planning officers.The scheme will replace the eyesore demolished building at 4 Market Street, a former cycle shop behind, and provide a new set of conveniences in the precinct.
A plan to rebuild shops, flats and public toilets in the middle of North Walsham is being backed by planning officers.
The scheme will replace the eyesore demolished building at 4 Market Street, a former cycle shop behind, and provide a new set of conveniences in the precinct.
The listed Grade 2 Market Street building, possibly dating from the mid 19th century, fell into disrepair and had to be partially knocked down for safety reasons more than two years ago
Amended plans by developers Nazpro include a disabled toilet and cubicles suitable for the infirm, answering concerns from a disabled access group about lack of facilities for people with wheelchairs, walking sticks and crutches.
You may also want to watch:
The range of two and three storey buildings house two shops, and six flats, in a scale that blends into the surroundings says a report to North Norfolk District Council's east area development committee which will discuss the plans on Thursday .
Town councilors have supported the project which is recommended for approval, subject to a range of conditions including design and energy efficiency details.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74