Busy road closed for 4 days for bridge repairs
- Credit: Archant
The busy B1145 will be closed for four days while repair work is carried out to Cawston bridge, over Marriott's Way, in north Norfolk.
The work, which starts on October 21, will consist of replacing both accident-damaged bridge approach fences on the western side of the bridge.
The road will be closed each day, however pedestrian access will be maintained throughout.
To minimise disruption the closure will only be in place from 9am to 4pm each day.
An official diversion route will be in place and a temporary bus service will be provided between the bridge and Reepham.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it was not possible to incorporate these repairs within the carriageway re-surfacing and bridge repairs to Salle bridge in August, as it would have cut off vehicular access to the properties between the bridges. The work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and contractors.
Keep updated with our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 4 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 5 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 6 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 9 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages