Busy road closed for 4 days for bridge repairs
- Credit: Archant
The busy B1145 will be closed for four days while repair work is carried out to Cawston bridge, over Marriott's Way, in north Norfolk.
The work, which starts on October 21, will consist of replacing both accident-damaged bridge approach fences on the western side of the bridge.
The road will be closed each day, however pedestrian access will be maintained throughout.
To minimise disruption the closure will only be in place from 9am to 4pm each day.
An official diversion route will be in place and a temporary bus service will be provided between the bridge and Reepham.
The council said it was not possible to incorporate these repairs within the carriageway re-surfacing and bridge repairs to Salle bridge in August, as it would have cut off vehicular access to the properties between the bridges. The work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and contractors.
Keep updated with our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers