Full steam ahead for Norfolk model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead of Aylsham's Model Railway Exhibition with the 'Loco Doctor' set to be a popular attraction again.
The Broadland Model Railway Club is holding its annual event on Saturday, October 6 in the Jubilee Centre in Aylsham from 10am to 4pm.
There will be 14 layouts ranging from O gauge to OO, N, 009, Gn-15 and P4.
There will also be 12 trade, society and demonstration stands, including a Digital Command Control (DCC) demo.
This year the event has some of the displays at the Bure Valley Railway (BVR) station in Aylsham.
Refreshments are available at the station's Whistlestop Restaurant and the Jubilee Centre.
Admission is £5 for adults, £4 children and concessions, and under 5s are free.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears
There are also other displays and a model shop at the BVR station.
The event is sponsored by the BVR and supported by The Fund Raisers of Aylsham District.