Full steam ahead for Norfolk model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead of Aylsham's Model Railway Exhibition with the 'Loco Doctor' set to be a popular attraction again.
The Broadland Model Railway Club is holding its annual event on Saturday, October 6 in the Jubilee Centre in Aylsham from 10am to 4pm.
There will be 14 layouts ranging from O gauge to OO, N, 009, Gn-15 and P4.
There will also be 12 trade, society and demonstration stands, including a Digital Command Control (DCC) demo.
This year the event has some of the displays at the Bure Valley Railway (BVR) station in Aylsham.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments are available at the station's Whistlestop Restaurant and the Jubilee Centre.
Admission is £5 for adults, £4 children and concessions, and under 5s are free.
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 9 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 10 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
There are also other displays and a model shop at the BVR station.
The event is sponsored by the BVR and supported by The Fund Raisers of Aylsham District.