Full steam ahead for Norfolk model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead of Aylsham's Model Railway Exhibition with the 'Loco Doctor' set to be a popular attraction again.
The Broadland Model Railway Club is holding its annual event on Saturday, October 6 in the Jubilee Centre in Aylsham from 10am to 4pm.
There will be 14 layouts ranging from O gauge to OO, N, 009, Gn-15 and P4.
There will also be 12 trade, society and demonstration stands, including a Digital Command Control (DCC) demo.
This year the event has some of the displays at the Bure Valley Railway (BVR) station in Aylsham.
Refreshments are available at the station's Whistlestop Restaurant and the Jubilee Centre.
Admission is £5 for adults, £4 children and concessions, and under 5s are free.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 8 Race on to save incredible medieval wall paintings in Norfolk
- 9 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
There are also other displays and a model shop at the BVR station.
The event is sponsored by the BVR and supported by The Fund Raisers of Aylsham District.