Aylsham to host musical Norfolk Day events to celebrate community
- Credit: Archant
It's a day dedicated to celebrating everything unique about our historic and diverse county.
And a north Norfolk town is getting into the spirit of the very first Norfolk Day by hosting two days of events to celebrate its community.
The Aylsham Care Trust (ACT) will open its doors to visitors on Friday, July 27, from 3 - 6pm with afternoon tea and musical guests, including singer-songwriter Simon Kindleysides, and husband and wife 1940s, 50s, and 60s duo the Jivebunnies.
Tickets, available from Barnwells in Aylsham or from the ACT centre, on St Michael's Avenue, are £8 for adults and £4 for children.
And on Saturday, July 28, Aylsham market sqaure will host a morning of Norfolk Day celebrations from 9 - 1pm, with free activities and entertainment from the Broadland School of Dance, the Sutton School of Dance and 5 Shades of Grey.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and food will be available to buy from the ACT's Orange Blossom Café.
Norfolk Day takes place on Friday, July 27 and is intended as a day of fun in which individuals, community groups and businesses are encouraged to get involved by hosting or participating in events.
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 5 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing
The initiative was launched by the EDP and Norwich Evening News in partnership with BBC Radio Norfolk and has the backing of business and community organisations who are planning events for the day.
Details of events will be revealed in the newspaper, online and via social media.
To send in details of your Norfolk Day event email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @norfolk or message the Norfolk Day Facebook page.