Aylsham to host musical Norfolk Day events to celebrate community
- Credit: Archant
It's a day dedicated to celebrating everything unique about our historic and diverse county.
And a north Norfolk town is getting into the spirit of the very first Norfolk Day by hosting two days of events to celebrate its community.
The Aylsham Care Trust (ACT) will open its doors to visitors on Friday, July 27, from 3 - 6pm with afternoon tea and musical guests, including singer-songwriter Simon Kindleysides, and husband and wife 1940s, 50s, and 60s duo the Jivebunnies.
Tickets, available from Barnwells in Aylsham or from the ACT centre, on St Michael's Avenue, are £8 for adults and £4 for children.
And on Saturday, July 28, Aylsham market sqaure will host a morning of Norfolk Day celebrations from 9 - 1pm, with free activities and entertainment from the Broadland School of Dance, the Sutton School of Dance and 5 Shades of Grey.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and food will be available to buy from the ACT's Orange Blossom Café.
Norfolk Day takes place on Friday, July 27 and is intended as a day of fun in which individuals, community groups and businesses are encouraged to get involved by hosting or participating in events.
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
The initiative was launched by the EDP and Norwich Evening News in partnership with BBC Radio Norfolk and has the backing of business and community organisations who are planning events for the day.
Details of events will be revealed in the newspaper, online and via social media.
To send in details of your Norfolk Day event email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @norfolk or message the Norfolk Day Facebook page.