Aylsham in line for a new Post Office
A new Post Office could open in Aylsham's Budgens supermarket with longer opening hours, a car park and better facilities for disabled people, chiefs have announced.
Post Office Ltd has launched a public consultation to ask residents' views on the plans, which follow the resignation of current sub-postmistress Lynn Westhorpe.
Mrs Westhorpe, who runs the town's Post Office on Hungate Street, is due to retire on March 20.
A Post Office spokesman said an applicant was currently going through the recruitment process and, subject to their successful appointment, the Post Office service would be moved into Budgens, on Norwich Road.
'Our priority is to safeguard Post Office services to the local community in the longer term. The relocation of Aylsham Post Office will allow us to maintain access to Post Office services and improve existing facilities in Aylsham,' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Benefits would include extended opening hours to include Wednesday afternoons, level access with wide automatic doors, a low-level serving counter and writing desk, space for a wheelchair, a hearing loop, the supermarket's car park and on-line Lottery facilities.
The Post Office would otherwise offer the same services as at present. Its opening hours would be Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 12.30pm.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
The consultation period closes on Tuesday April 5. Submissions can be made to Post Office Ltd, c/o National Consultation Team, PO Box 2060, WATFORD WD18 8ZW, via email to email@example.com, via the customer helpline: 08457 22 33 44 or Textphone 08457 22 33 55.