Aylsham in line for a new Post Office
A new Post Office could open in Aylsham's Budgens supermarket with longer opening hours, a car park and better facilities for disabled people, chiefs have announced.
Post Office Ltd has launched a public consultation to ask residents' views on the plans, which follow the resignation of current sub-postmistress Lynn Westhorpe.
Mrs Westhorpe, who runs the town's Post Office on Hungate Street, is due to retire on March 20.
A Post Office spokesman said an applicant was currently going through the recruitment process and, subject to their successful appointment, the Post Office service would be moved into Budgens, on Norwich Road.
'Our priority is to safeguard Post Office services to the local community in the longer term. The relocation of Aylsham Post Office will allow us to maintain access to Post Office services and improve existing facilities in Aylsham,' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Benefits would include extended opening hours to include Wednesday afternoons, level access with wide automatic doors, a low-level serving counter and writing desk, space for a wheelchair, a hearing loop, the supermarket's car park and on-line Lottery facilities.
The Post Office would otherwise offer the same services as at present. Its opening hours would be Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 12.30pm.
- 1 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 2 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 3 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 4 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 5 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 6 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Firms sought for new industrial units
The consultation period closes on Tuesday April 5. Submissions can be made to Post Office Ltd, c/o National Consultation Team, PO Box 2060, WATFORD WD18 8ZW, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via the customer helpline: 08457 22 33 44 or Textphone 08457 22 33 55.