Aylsham High students are set to train with the stars
Students from a north Norfolk school are set for the experience of a lifetime when stars from the West End visit them next month.
Some of the best actors, actresses, musical directors and choreographers in the country are coming to Aylsham for five days to train 33 students at the high school in dance, acting and singing, before performing with them in a one hour concert at the end of the week.
It is part of the school's activities week programme which aims to give students a taste of various different pursuits, ranging from camping to dance.
Among the performers heading to the school will be Richard Munday, who's currently starring in Phantom of the Opera, and Blood Brothers' Craig Whiteley.
After five days of intensive training with the professionals, the youngsters will take to the stage for a grand finale concert on Friday, July 20 at 8pm, where they will perform numbers from shows such as Blood Brothers and Mamma Mia, alongside the West End professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Henson, who is currently musical director on We Will Rock You and will be orchestrating the concert, said: 'It's a great chance, not just for the students taking part, but for the people of Aylsham to see performers of this quality on their own doorstep. The students will be put through their paces in just the same way as if they were professional performers, so I'm sure they'll rise to the challenge in the final concert and put on a show which will long live in everyone's memories.'
Tickets for the final showcase, which are �5, are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk, by calling 07867 790073 or from Aylsham High School on 01263 733270 Ex 126, email email@example.com.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years