Aylsham High students are set to train with the stars
Students from a north Norfolk school are set for the experience of a lifetime when stars from the West End visit them next month.
Some of the best actors, actresses, musical directors and choreographers in the country are coming to Aylsham for five days to train 33 students at the high school in dance, acting and singing, before performing with them in a one hour concert at the end of the week.
It is part of the school's activities week programme which aims to give students a taste of various different pursuits, ranging from camping to dance.
Among the performers heading to the school will be Richard Munday, who's currently starring in Phantom of the Opera, and Blood Brothers' Craig Whiteley.
After five days of intensive training with the professionals, the youngsters will take to the stage for a grand finale concert on Friday, July 20 at 8pm, where they will perform numbers from shows such as Blood Brothers and Mamma Mia, alongside the West End professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Henson, who is currently musical director on We Will Rock You and will be orchestrating the concert, said: 'It's a great chance, not just for the students taking part, but for the people of Aylsham to see performers of this quality on their own doorstep. The students will be put through their paces in just the same way as if they were professional performers, so I'm sure they'll rise to the challenge in the final concert and put on a show which will long live in everyone's memories.'
Tickets for the final showcase, which are �5, are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk, by calling 07867 790073 or from Aylsham High School on 01263 733270 Ex 126, email email@example.com.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 10 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings