Aylsham High School ex pupils plan reunion
Aylsham High School pupils who left between 1979-1981 are being invited to a 30th anniversary reunion this summer.
The get-together will be held in the town's Cawston Road youth centre on June 11 with profits going towards the centre's renovation fund.
It has been organised by Jenny Harmer, nee Shreeve, of Cromer Road, North Walsham, and a band of friends who envied their children's elegant prom party last summer and wanted to have their own celebration.
'We are seeking past pupils and teachers from those years to come and join us and remember all the good things. We will be having an '80s themed disco, and those brave enough to come in '80s fancy dress will be rewarded with a free alcoholic drink,' said Mrs Harmer.
The evening will also include a hog roast, beer and wine. For more information ring 01692 406172.
You may also want to watch:
Last winter the youth centre suffered extensive flooding damage and cash is now needed to renovate the cloakrooms.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74