Aylsham High School ex pupils plan reunion
Aylsham High School pupils who left between 1979-1981 are being invited to a 30th anniversary reunion this summer.
The get-together will be held in the town's Cawston Road youth centre on June 11 with profits going towards the centre's renovation fund.
It has been organised by Jenny Harmer, nee Shreeve, of Cromer Road, North Walsham, and a band of friends who envied their children's elegant prom party last summer and wanted to have their own celebration.
'We are seeking past pupils and teachers from those years to come and join us and remember all the good things. We will be having an '80s themed disco, and those brave enough to come in '80s fancy dress will be rewarded with a free alcoholic drink,' said Mrs Harmer.
The evening will also include a hog roast, beer and wine. For more information ring 01692 406172.
You may also want to watch:
Last winter the youth centre suffered extensive flooding damage and cash is now needed to renovate the cloakrooms.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 8 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ