Aylsham groups encouraged to bid for funding
Communities in the Aylsham area are being asked to bid for a slice of �12,500 earmarked to improve understanding between the generations.
And people living in the area will have the final say on which projects go ahead.
The 'Your Voice, Your Decision' scheme is being run by Broadland District Council and is open to community groups, parish councils and schools in the area covered by the Aylsham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT).
Projects which enhance the relationship and understanding between younger and older people are being invited to apply for the grants, of up to �5,000 each.
The scheme covers Aylsham and 15 other parishes in the SNT area – Oulton, Blicking, Burgh and Tuttington, Marsham, Brampton, Hevingham, Buxton with Lamas, Stratton Strawless, Hainford, Frettenham, Coltishall, Horstead, Wroxham, Belaugh and Crostwick.
You may also want to watch:
Organisations which want to bid for the funding have until January 13, 2011 to apply, after which a steering group of local representatives will draw up a shortlist of projects. The public will then be invited to a decision day meeting at Aylsham Town Hall on February 22 to hear short presentations by each project before voting on the winners.
More information is available from Nancy Small, on 01603 430457, e-mail Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rheanne Scott on 01603 430510, e-mail Rheanne.email@example.com.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 7 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mrs Mo Anderson-Dungar, Aylsham Town Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Aylsham, NR11 6EL.