Aylsham groups encouraged to bid for funding
Communities in the Aylsham area are being asked to bid for a slice of �12,500 earmarked to improve understanding between the generations.
And people living in the area will have the final say on which projects go ahead.
The 'Your Voice, Your Decision' scheme is being run by Broadland District Council and is open to community groups, parish councils and schools in the area covered by the Aylsham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT).
Projects which enhance the relationship and understanding between younger and older people are being invited to apply for the grants, of up to �5,000 each.
The scheme covers Aylsham and 15 other parishes in the SNT area – Oulton, Blicking, Burgh and Tuttington, Marsham, Brampton, Hevingham, Buxton with Lamas, Stratton Strawless, Hainford, Frettenham, Coltishall, Horstead, Wroxham, Belaugh and Crostwick.
You may also want to watch:
Organisations which want to bid for the funding have until January 13, 2011 to apply, after which a steering group of local representatives will draw up a shortlist of projects. The public will then be invited to a decision day meeting at Aylsham Town Hall on February 22 to hear short presentations by each project before voting on the winners.
More information is available from Nancy Small, on 01603 430457, e-mail Nancy.email@example.com, or Rheanne Scott on 01603 430510, e-mail Rheanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 6 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 7 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, or Mrs Mo Anderson-Dungar, Aylsham Town Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Aylsham, NR11 6EL.