Aylsham gets set for grand Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Aylsham is counting down to its grand Christmas lights switch-in event, which kicks off on Friday, November 24 at 5.40pm, when Father Christmas will be leading a lantern procession through the town.
Entertainment will include live music and dancing in the market place, with performances from the Bure Valley School Choir, Norfolk-based cover band Agent Orange and youngsters from the Sutton School of Dance.
Other attractions in the lead-up to the switch-on at 6pm range from food stalls and a barbecue, to fairground rides, a Santa's Grotto in Red Lion Street and a display of 30 Christmas trees decorated by local charities and good causes in St Michael's Church.
Town council events officer Paul Smith said the lights, which are put up in a day by a team of around 50 volunteers, brought the town together.
'Everyone turns out,' he added. 'There's a fantastic community spirit and I think everyone just has a brilliant time.'
-Aylsham Parish Church will be hosting a family Advent activity session at 10.15am on November 26, and a Christmas market and craft sale from 9am-12pm on November 27.
- 1 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 5 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Magistrate's name to live on in charity for young people
- 8 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 10 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain