Bonfire night fireworks returning to Aylsham
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A fireworks display is being relaunched in Aylsham after being cancelled last year due to the second coronavirus lockdown.
The event, organised by 1st Aylsham Scouts, will take place on Friday, November 5, in a field next to Woodgate Nursery on Cawston Road.
John Brown, scout leader, said he hopes the display will stop people setting off fireworks in their own gardens, as the town council had "a lot of issues" dealing with such incidents last year.
The Scouts used to run the event at Bure Valley School years ago but had to stop.
Gates open at 5.30pm, with a small display at 6pm and another bigger one at 10pm.
There will also be food vendors, craft stalls and fairground rides.
Des Fulcher, of Flash FX, the Tasburgh-based company putting on the display, said that plans for the event are "all going well".
- 1 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 9 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
Tickets can be bought at Coxfords Butchers, JB Postle and Aylsham Town Hall.
Here are 9 other places you can watch fireworks in Norfolk this year.