Aylsham choir seeks new singers
A male voice choir is singing out for new members and a musical director.The Bure Valley Male Voice Choir, formed in 1972, has seen a slight dip in its numbers due to ill health and advancing years, and also seen its director of music move on.
A male voice choir is singing out for new members and a musical director.
The Bure Valley Male Voice Choir, formed in 1972, has seen a slight dip in its numbers due to ill health and advancing years, and also seen its director of music move on.
Under the chairmanship of its only woman member, accompanist Barbara Downes, the choir is seeking new singers and a long-term musical director, while Ron Sallis takes on the task temporarily with the help of Jack Barratt.
The choir's repertoire includes popular music, sacred and classical pieces and songs from the shows, and is constantly being updated.
You may also want to watch:
It meets every Tuesday evening from September to June at the Cawston Road Chapel, Aylsham from 7.30 to 9 pm.
Anyone interested should contact Barbara Downes on 01263 733325, David Watts on 01263 722159 or Ed Burgess on 01263 722693.
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 5 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Cold snap! Coldest April overnight temperatures in eight years recorded
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening