Equipment worth thousands at risk after criminal damage
- Credit: Ronnie Roshier
Criminal damage in a north Norfolk town which left thousands of pounds worth of equipment at risk of theft is under police investigation.
The incident saw two fence panels at Aylsham Bowls Club knocked down overnight on Monday, April 22, leaving equipment out in the open.
Bowls team captain Ronnie Roshier, who discovered the damage on Tuesday, April 23, said: 'We've got a lot of equipment in there - a £7,000 lawn mower and fertilisers worth quite a lot of money.
'It wasn't a car accidentally hitting a panel - it must have been two cars as the post wasn't damaged. One panel was badly damaged and the other was snapped in half.'
A police spokeswoman said: 'We are investigating reports of an incident of criminal damage believed to have taken place between 6pm pn Monday, April 22, and 6am on Tuesday, April 23, at Aylsham Recreation Ground, Sir William's Lane, Aylsham.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting 36/27195/19.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart