Equipment worth thousands at risk after criminal damage
- Credit: Ronnie Roshier
Criminal damage in a north Norfolk town which left thousands of pounds worth of equipment at risk of theft is under police investigation.
The incident saw two fence panels at Aylsham Bowls Club knocked down overnight on Monday, April 22, leaving equipment out in the open.
Bowls team captain Ronnie Roshier, who discovered the damage on Tuesday, April 23, said: 'We've got a lot of equipment in there - a £7,000 lawn mower and fertilisers worth quite a lot of money.
'It wasn't a car accidentally hitting a panel - it must have been two cars as the post wasn't damaged. One panel was badly damaged and the other was snapped in half.'
A police spokeswoman said: 'We are investigating reports of an incident of criminal damage believed to have taken place between 6pm pn Monday, April 22, and 6am on Tuesday, April 23, at Aylsham Recreation Ground, Sir William's Lane, Aylsham.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting 36/27195/19.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid