Equipment worth thousands at risk after criminal damage
- Credit: Ronnie Roshier
Criminal damage in a north Norfolk town which left thousands of pounds worth of equipment at risk of theft is under police investigation.
The incident saw two fence panels at Aylsham Bowls Club knocked down overnight on Monday, April 22, leaving equipment out in the open.
Bowls team captain Ronnie Roshier, who discovered the damage on Tuesday, April 23, said: 'We've got a lot of equipment in there - a £7,000 lawn mower and fertilisers worth quite a lot of money.
'It wasn't a car accidentally hitting a panel - it must have been two cars as the post wasn't damaged. One panel was badly damaged and the other was snapped in half.'
A police spokeswoman said: 'We are investigating reports of an incident of criminal damage believed to have taken place between 6pm pn Monday, April 22, and 6am on Tuesday, April 23, at Aylsham Recreation Ground, Sir William's Lane, Aylsham.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting 36/27195/19.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast