Equipment worth thousands at risk after criminal damage
- Credit: Ronnie Roshier
Criminal damage in a north Norfolk town which left thousands of pounds worth of equipment at risk of theft is under police investigation.
The incident saw two fence panels at Aylsham Bowls Club knocked down overnight on Monday, April 22, leaving equipment out in the open.
Bowls team captain Ronnie Roshier, who discovered the damage on Tuesday, April 23, said: 'We've got a lot of equipment in there - a £7,000 lawn mower and fertilisers worth quite a lot of money.
'It wasn't a car accidentally hitting a panel - it must have been two cars as the post wasn't damaged. One panel was badly damaged and the other was snapped in half.'
A police spokeswoman said: 'We are investigating reports of an incident of criminal damage believed to have taken place between 6pm pn Monday, April 22, and 6am on Tuesday, April 23, at Aylsham Recreation Ground, Sir William's Lane, Aylsham.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting 36/27195/19.
- 1 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
- 2 Holkham Estate hiring warden - with tasks to include nudist beach patrol
- 3 Plans show how old former care home site could become housing
- 4 Cromer Pier to re-open to the public from next month
- 5 Bid to knock down care home and build houses rejected
- 6 School to test 150 pupils for Covid a day during March re-opening
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 WATCH: Teenage girls fined after setting fire to public toilet
- 9 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 10 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls