Hundreds enjoy the sunshine at town’s annual street party
- Credit: Archant
More than 800 people flooded into Aylsham's Market Place for the town's annual street part on Sunday.
The party featured musicians Headway, Georgia Stannett, Masie Mae and The Lovin Handful.
Sue Lake, town clerk, said: "This was the fourth street party organised by the Town Council and as before the weather was perfect and everyone attending had an enjoyable time in the Sunday afternoon sunshine."
Meanwhile, classic vehicles and a vintage aircraft flypast will be part of a community fundraising event at Aylsham's recreation ground on Sunday, July 14, from midday to 6pm.
Classic car upholsterer Paul Moore, whose workshop is at Aylsham industrial estate, launched the event in memory of his dad, Peter, who died from heart complications linked to kidney problems in 2015.
Kidney Care UK will benefit from the event, which will also feature live music, food, drink and stalls.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 3 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 4 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 5 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 6 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 7 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 8 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe