Aylsham a magnet for overseas visitors
AYLSHAM is proving a magnet for visitng groups from overseas.The town's cittaslow status has prompted a visit by a fact-finding delegation from South Korea as the only UK stop-off on a tour of European “slow food” towns.
AYLSHAM is proving a magnet for visitng groups from overseas.
The town's cittaslow status has prompted a visit by a fact-finding delegation from South Korea as the only UK stop-off on a tour of European “slow food” towns.
The 20 representatives were from four Korean towns which are part of the international Cittaslow movement celebrating quality of local life, including culture heritage and produce.
The visitors from Shina, Wano, Jangheung and Damyang were shown around Aylsham where they had a tour of the church and the town hall.
You may also want to watch:
People from Aylsham have previously been to Cittaslow towns in Italy, where the movement was founded.
Meanwhile a group of five Australians were in Aylsham as part of an East Anglian visit.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
They were from different parts of New South Wales and had been selected by their local Rotary Clubs to make up a Group Study Exchange and visit British Rotary District 1080 which comprises Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, parts of Essex and some parts of North Hertfordshire.
First stop in Aylsham was a visit to John of Gaunt infant school and after lunch
they paid a visit to Blickling Hall before attending attended the regular Thursday evening meeting of Aylsham Rotary Club.