Aylsham dancers have extra spring in their tap step after West End stars visit school
- Credit: Tim Curtis
Children at a north Norfolk school have been left starstruck after two stars of the West End visited their rehearsal to help them jazz up an upcoming performance.
Pupils at Aylsham High School will be performing the hit musical '42nd Street' later this year, and two stars of the London show visited to give them a tap dancing masterclass.
Adam Denman and Becky Herszenhorn spent a whole afternoon with about 25 members of the High School cast, going through complex tap routines and giving their choreography some extra pzazz.
Mr Denman said: 'I didn't expect this calibre of skill. They are absolutely fantastic.'
The High School cast have been perfecting their tap dancing since September.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Herszenhorn added: 'We found out today some of them had never worn a pair off tap shoes before rehearsals. Hopefully we have been able to pass on some of then energy and excitement of the West End show.'
The pair spent three hours putting the school cast through their paces, making sure the split second timings were spot on and that Aylsham's stars have as much glitz as their professional counterparts in London.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 3 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 4 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 5 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 6 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 7 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
When the show opens in Aylsham there will be a cast of 40 plus a professional orchestra.
Director and Aylsham High School drama teacher, Hazel Martin, said: 'To have two stars from 42nd Street in the West End come all the way out to Aylsham to help us perfect our show has been a really amazing experience for all of us, our cast have been buzzing with excitement.
'Adam and Becky have been wonderful, they've really helped us raise our game to new heights.'
Producer, Tanya Wiseman, said: 'I'm so immensely proud to see the students achieving those extra finishing touches and can't wait for opening night.'
42nd Street at Aylsham High School runs from Wednesday, March 14 to Saturday, March 17.
Tickets from the school or Ticketsource.co.uk