Aylsham dancers have extra spring in their tap step after West End stars visit school
- Credit: Tim Curtis
Children at a north Norfolk school have been left starstruck after two stars of the West End visited their rehearsal to help them jazz up an upcoming performance.
Pupils at Aylsham High School will be performing the hit musical '42nd Street' later this year, and two stars of the London show visited to give them a tap dancing masterclass.
Adam Denman and Becky Herszenhorn spent a whole afternoon with about 25 members of the High School cast, going through complex tap routines and giving their choreography some extra pzazz.
Mr Denman said: 'I didn't expect this calibre of skill. They are absolutely fantastic.'
The High School cast have been perfecting their tap dancing since September.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Herszenhorn added: 'We found out today some of them had never worn a pair off tap shoes before rehearsals. Hopefully we have been able to pass on some of then energy and excitement of the West End show.'
The pair spent three hours putting the school cast through their paces, making sure the split second timings were spot on and that Aylsham's stars have as much glitz as their professional counterparts in London.
- 1 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
When the show opens in Aylsham there will be a cast of 40 plus a professional orchestra.
Director and Aylsham High School drama teacher, Hazel Martin, said: 'To have two stars from 42nd Street in the West End come all the way out to Aylsham to help us perfect our show has been a really amazing experience for all of us, our cast have been buzzing with excitement.
'Adam and Becky have been wonderful, they've really helped us raise our game to new heights.'
Producer, Tanya Wiseman, said: 'I'm so immensely proud to see the students achieving those extra finishing touches and can't wait for opening night.'
42nd Street at Aylsham High School runs from Wednesday, March 14 to Saturday, March 17.
Tickets from the school or Ticketsource.co.uk