Aylsham dancers have extra spring in their tap step after West End stars visit school
- Credit: Tim Curtis
Children at a north Norfolk school have been left starstruck after two stars of the West End visited their rehearsal to help them jazz up an upcoming performance.
Pupils at Aylsham High School will be performing the hit musical '42nd Street' later this year, and two stars of the London show visited to give them a tap dancing masterclass.
Adam Denman and Becky Herszenhorn spent a whole afternoon with about 25 members of the High School cast, going through complex tap routines and giving their choreography some extra pzazz.
Mr Denman said: 'I didn't expect this calibre of skill. They are absolutely fantastic.'
The High School cast have been perfecting their tap dancing since September.
Ms Herszenhorn added: 'We found out today some of them had never worn a pair off tap shoes before rehearsals. Hopefully we have been able to pass on some of then energy and excitement of the West End show.'
The pair spent three hours putting the school cast through their paces, making sure the split second timings were spot on and that Aylsham's stars have as much glitz as their professional counterparts in London.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 9 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 10 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
When the show opens in Aylsham there will be a cast of 40 plus a professional orchestra.
Director and Aylsham High School drama teacher, Hazel Martin, said: 'To have two stars from 42nd Street in the West End come all the way out to Aylsham to help us perfect our show has been a really amazing experience for all of us, our cast have been buzzing with excitement.
'Adam and Becky have been wonderful, they've really helped us raise our game to new heights.'
Producer, Tanya Wiseman, said: 'I'm so immensely proud to see the students achieving those extra finishing touches and can't wait for opening night.'
42nd Street at Aylsham High School runs from Wednesday, March 14 to Saturday, March 17.
Tickets from the school or Ticketsource.co.uk