Awards for hospital staff
Six awards have been presented to staff at Cromer Hospital in recognition of their outstanding efforts and achievements.Another 38 staff and volunteers from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital received awards at the same time, from BBC presenter Carol Bundock.
Six awards have been presented to staff at Cromer Hospital in recognition of their outstanding efforts and achievements.
Another 38 staff and volunteers from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital received awards at the same time, from BBC presenter Carol Bundock.
It is the first time that the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has run an awards scheme for its 5,700 staff.
Cromer award winners - Vivienne Curson (ward clerk/receptionist and Edna Bunkle (medical secretary) both achieved 40 year service awards. The silver Chairman's Award for team of the year went to the endoscopy unit nursing team, the silver unsung hero award was won by dialysis ward assistant Jane Craske and the bronze leadership award went to endoscopy unit sister, Anita Martins. A silver best suggestion award was won by Guy Fiske, charge nurse in the minor injuries unit.
Patients and colleagues were invited to nominate employees in 12 award categories.
Chairman David Prior says: "It's such a pleasure to be able to recognise those special employees who go above and beyond the call of duty in helping our patients and those who dedicate their working lives to our hospitals. The response to the awards was overwhelming with over 270 entries many of them from patients with heart-warming stories to tell."
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 3 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 8 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
- 9 'Tourists must contribute' - North Norfolk car park fee increase backed
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze