Awards for Happisburgh lifeboat crew
Awards were handed out at annual dinner dance and presentation evening for Happisburgh's RNLI lifeboat station.
Helmsman Matt Bales was given the Kelvin Baker Achievement Award, which is in memory of a much-respected former crew member and Deputy Launching Authority who died suddenly in 2008, and is for the person who has achieved the most since joining the crew.
Mr Bales joined the crew in February 2007, completed a range of training courses and is regularly found at the station taking both boats out and training the younger crew.
He also spends time with the newer crew, helping them with chart work, knots and generally assisting with their training syllabus, passing on his knowledge and experience.
The award is made through a vote by crew members and was presented by Kelvin's widow Jane Baker.
You may also want to watch:
Other awards at the event at Sutton Staithe Hotel, which also raised �718 towards RNLI funds, were an RNLI certificate of thanks to Peter Poll for his continuing work in a variety of roles, and a joke trophy to helmsman Tony Phenix for the most mishaps on the lifeboat.
Two young crew members Charlotte Siely and Jake Munday are doing a sponsored parachute jump in aid of the RNLI in June and received �500 in sponsorship on the night.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 10 Mobile Post Office to come to two north Norfolk villages
Anyone wanting to add to the sponsorship should visit or call the station on 01692 583269.