Artists open day in Walcott
More than 40 artists are set to showcase their work at a North Norfolk art barn as part of the Norfolk Open Studios event.
Artists at the Barrington Farm Art Barn at Walcott will be displaying their work and welcoming visitors into their centre as part of the open studios event taking place from May 23 – June 5.
The barn is a vibrant studio supporting artists with learning difficulties, who produce work including paintings, drawing, print-makings, sculptures, textiles and crafts. Their artwork has been included in prominent collections and galleries worldwide.
Open Studios gives art-lovers the chance to come along to the studio, have a look at what is produced and meet some of the artists, whose work is on sale from �5.
Barrington Farm has been participating in the scheme every year since 1994. T
Sarah Ballard, curator at the art barn, said: 'The artists here represent some of the most exciting new work coming out of England's growing disability arts scene. Our aim is to increase appreciation of 'outsider art', and this Open Studios is an essential event for anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of this inspiring yet often overlooked genre. '
An open day of art, music, food and fun is also being run as part of the annual event on Saturday, June 4 from 12-4pm.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets
Entry is free with all proceeds from the event going to The Barrington Farm Trust.
There is a free car park, wheelchair access and accessible toilets on site. Open Studios run daily 10am-5pm.
For more information go to www.roarart.com or call 01692 650707.