Artists open day in Walcott
More than 40 artists are set to showcase their work at a North Norfolk art barn as part of the Norfolk Open Studios event.
Artists at the Barrington Farm Art Barn at Walcott will be displaying their work and welcoming visitors into their centre as part of the open studios event taking place from May 23 – June 5.
The barn is a vibrant studio supporting artists with learning difficulties, who produce work including paintings, drawing, print-makings, sculptures, textiles and crafts. Their artwork has been included in prominent collections and galleries worldwide.
Open Studios gives art-lovers the chance to come along to the studio, have a look at what is produced and meet some of the artists, whose work is on sale from �5.
Barrington Farm has been participating in the scheme every year since 1994. T
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ballard, curator at the art barn, said: 'The artists here represent some of the most exciting new work coming out of England's growing disability arts scene. Our aim is to increase appreciation of 'outsider art', and this Open Studios is an essential event for anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of this inspiring yet often overlooked genre. '
An open day of art, music, food and fun is also being run as part of the annual event on Saturday, June 4 from 12-4pm.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
Entry is free with all proceeds from the event going to The Barrington Farm Trust.
There is a free car park, wheelchair access and accessible toilets on site. Open Studios run daily 10am-5pm.
For more information go to www.roarart.com or call 01692 650707.