Artists open day in Walcott
More than 40 artists are set to showcase their work at a North Norfolk art barn as part of the Norfolk Open Studios event.
Artists at the Barrington Farm Art Barn at Walcott will be displaying their work and welcoming visitors into their centre as part of the open studios event taking place from May 23 – June 5.
The barn is a vibrant studio supporting artists with learning difficulties, who produce work including paintings, drawing, print-makings, sculptures, textiles and crafts. Their artwork has been included in prominent collections and galleries worldwide.
Open Studios gives art-lovers the chance to come along to the studio, have a look at what is produced and meet some of the artists, whose work is on sale from �5.
Barrington Farm has been participating in the scheme every year since 1994. T
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Ballard, curator at the art barn, said: 'The artists here represent some of the most exciting new work coming out of England's growing disability arts scene. Our aim is to increase appreciation of 'outsider art', and this Open Studios is an essential event for anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of this inspiring yet often overlooked genre. '
An open day of art, music, food and fun is also being run as part of the annual event on Saturday, June 4 from 12-4pm.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Entry is free with all proceeds from the event going to The Barrington Farm Trust.
There is a free car park, wheelchair access and accessible toilets on site. Open Studios run daily 10am-5pm.
For more information go to www.roarart.com or call 01692 650707.