Artist ‘thrilled’ to follow in Banksy’s footsteps at top event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk-based artist will be following in the footsteps of internationally renowned names including street artist Banksy and German sculptor Nando Kallweit, when she exhibits her work at one of the UK's top art fairs.
Gabriella Buckingham, who lives at North Walsham, will be taking a selection of her abstract and semi-abstract paintings to Art Fair East, which, since being founded five years ago by Norwich-based artists Will Teather and Brian Korteling, has become one of the leading events of its kind in the country.
Gabriella, who has worked as a professional illustrator since graduating from art college in the early 1990s, will be showing work inspired by "a sense of place movement, colour and light".
She said: "Art Fair East will be a chance to reach new audiences with my work and to be showing in a fair that has already exhibited international names is quite a thrill."
Art Fair East runs from November 29-December 1. For more information, visit www.artfaireast.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'