Artist ‘thrilled’ to follow in Banksy’s footsteps at top event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk-based artist will be following in the footsteps of internationally renowned names including street artist Banksy and German sculptor Nando Kallweit, when she exhibits her work at one of the UK's top art fairs.
Gabriella Buckingham, who lives at North Walsham, will be taking a selection of her abstract and semi-abstract paintings to Art Fair East, which, since being founded five years ago by Norwich-based artists Will Teather and Brian Korteling, has become one of the leading events of its kind in the country.
Gabriella, who has worked as a professional illustrator since graduating from art college in the early 1990s, will be showing work inspired by "a sense of place movement, colour and light".
She said: "Art Fair East will be a chance to reach new audiences with my work and to be showing in a fair that has already exhibited international names is quite a thrill."
Art Fair East runs from November 29-December 1. For more information, visit www.artfaireast.com
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast