Artist ‘thrilled’ to follow in Banksy’s footsteps at top event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk-based artist will be following in the footsteps of internationally renowned names including street artist Banksy and German sculptor Nando Kallweit, when she exhibits her work at one of the UK's top art fairs.
Gabriella Buckingham, who lives at North Walsham, will be taking a selection of her abstract and semi-abstract paintings to Art Fair East, which, since being founded five years ago by Norwich-based artists Will Teather and Brian Korteling, has become one of the leading events of its kind in the country.
Gabriella, who has worked as a professional illustrator since graduating from art college in the early 1990s, will be showing work inspired by "a sense of place movement, colour and light".
She said: "Art Fair East will be a chance to reach new audiences with my work and to be showing in a fair that has already exhibited international names is quite a thrill."
Art Fair East runs from November 29-December 1. For more information, visit www.artfaireast.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden