Artist ‘thrilled’ to follow in Banksy’s footsteps at top event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk-based artist will be following in the footsteps of internationally renowned names including street artist Banksy and German sculptor Nando Kallweit, when she exhibits her work at one of the UK's top art fairs.
Gabriella Buckingham, who lives at North Walsham, will be taking a selection of her abstract and semi-abstract paintings to Art Fair East, which, since being founded five years ago by Norwich-based artists Will Teather and Brian Korteling, has become one of the leading events of its kind in the country.
Gabriella, who has worked as a professional illustrator since graduating from art college in the early 1990s, will be showing work inspired by "a sense of place movement, colour and light".
She said: "Art Fair East will be a chance to reach new audiences with my work and to be showing in a fair that has already exhibited international names is quite a thrill."
Art Fair East runs from November 29-December 1. For more information, visit www.artfaireast.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 9 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'