Arrest made after mini-crime wave in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a series of crimes committed in Foulsham.
And police have urged people living in rural communities to be vigilant, and ensure vehicles as well as sheds and other buildings are properly secured.
The crimes all took place in Foulsham, north of Dereham, overnight on Tuesday, February 6. They included five attempted thefts or thefts from vehicles and four burglaries or attempted burglaries.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said a man, aged in his 20s and from the Norwich area, had been arrested in connection with the incidents.
The spokesman said: 'We would urge people to be vigilant and make sure that they keep their sheds and property secure and follow simple safety precautions.'
You may also want to watch:
The incidents included: An iPod was stolen from a Vauxhall Zafira, which was broken into on Guist Road between 7pm and 7am the next day (February 7):
nJewellery and electrical items were stolen from a car parked in Station Road;
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
nGarden tools were taken from a shed off Guist Road after someone gained entry between 2am and 3am, but these were later recovered nearby;
nA bow saw was taken after someone gained entry to a shed off Guist Road between 6pm and 2.45pm the following day;
nA house in Guist Road was broken into between midnight and 10am, but it is not known whether anything was taken;
nThere were two more attempted thefts from vehicles in Guist Road between midnight and 10am, but there was no entry gained and nothing was taken;
nAnother attempted burglary occurred at an address in Hindolveston Road between midnight and 10.15am.
One Foulsham local, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's good that they arrested someone for it.
'It was the night we had a lot of snow here and the morning after you could see footprints everywhere.'
The resident, who has lived in the village for more than 30 years, said 'Like most other Norfolk villages, things do happen from time to time.
'Crime is never going to go away. But I don't think it's worse here than anywhere else.'
The police said the man who was arrested has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.