Armed police swoop on Cromer to arrest man armed with sword
- Credit: Archant
Armed police swooped on Cromer after a man armed with a sword was reported acting 'aggressively towards other males'.
The dramatic scenes unfolded in the town centre on Wednesday night - just days after the seaside resort was placed in lockdown following earlier trouble.
However, police say the latest incident is not connected to disorder at the weekend.
Officers were called to Runton Road, near the junction with Cabbell Road, at 9.56pm.
Armed units were deployed to the scene however local officers detained a man in his 50s from the Cromer area on nearby Church Street, outside the Albion pub, at 10.12pm.
He was arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon and taken into custody at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police, who confirmed they had seized a sword, have appealed for anyone with information to contact them.
- 1 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 2 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Christmas service returns to crematorium
- 7 Review: Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer
- 8 Scarlett-Rose gets the chop for children's charity
- 9 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 10 Young runners impress at regional championships
They should call PC Tina Wright at North Walsham Police Station on 101.
Local businesses were forced to close last weekend after thugs went on the rampage - stealing from shops, taking food and drink without paying, and intimidating the public.