Appeal launched after fire destroys flat in Norfolk town
PUBLISHED: 11:55 30 July 2018 | UPDATED: 13:07 30 July 2018
A charity appeal has been launched to help the family that lived in a flat that was gutted by fire.
It follows a blaze at a residence above Caton’s used furniture store in Market Street, North Walsham, at around 4.30pm on Saturday.
A woman in her 40s lived in the flat with her dog and son, who was not home at the time. The woman and the dog were able to make it out uninjured as firefighters arrived to put out the flames.
Duncan Hood has started a page on the fundraising website justgiving.com in the hope of raising £2,000 for the family affected.
The appeal asks for donations of money as well as household goods the family could make use of while they are recovering from the fire.
A message on the page says: “We are raising £2,000.
“On July 28 2018 a fire at a flat in North Walsham, where a family has lost all of their possessions.
“We are starting a funding page to help get them all back on their feet, if you can help with money or household goods it would really be appreciated.”
The appeal, which was launched on Sunday, had already raised £565, more than a quarter of its goal, by Monday morning.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Norfolk News. Click the link in the orange box above for details.