Crowds enjoy lifeboat displays at popular RNLI event in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Rivalry between crab and lobster was temporarily put aside as Cromer and Sheringham joined forces at the former's annual lifeboat day.
RNLI spokesman Audrey Smith said: 'With plenty of attractions visitors enjoyed lots to see and hear.
'Live music was provided by the Sheringham Shantymen before the annual lifeboat service led by the Cawston Band. Earlier, Zingaro Blue performed.
'The stall-holders did a roaring trade and activities to wow the crowds included an afternoon display by both of Cromer RNLI's lifeboats. The boats were joined by Sheringham RNLI to the delight of the crowds. The mini lifeboat was very popular with younger visitors.'
Richard Leeds, Cromer RNLI operations manager, said: 'I would like to thank all the many generous people who attended and helped us raise a great deal of money. It is always a popular event and visitors come long distances to have a great day out, support local traders and watch the lifeboat displays.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived