Crowds enjoy lifeboat displays at popular RNLI event in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Rivalry between crab and lobster was temporarily put aside as Cromer and Sheringham joined forces at the former's annual lifeboat day.
RNLI spokesman Audrey Smith said: 'With plenty of attractions visitors enjoyed lots to see and hear.
'Live music was provided by the Sheringham Shantymen before the annual lifeboat service led by the Cawston Band. Earlier, Zingaro Blue performed.
'The stall-holders did a roaring trade and activities to wow the crowds included an afternoon display by both of Cromer RNLI's lifeboats. The boats were joined by Sheringham RNLI to the delight of the crowds. The mini lifeboat was very popular with younger visitors.'
Richard Leeds, Cromer RNLI operations manager, said: 'I would like to thank all the many generous people who attended and helped us raise a great deal of money. It is always a popular event and visitors come long distances to have a great day out, support local traders and watch the lifeboat displays.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm