Crowds enjoy lifeboat displays at popular RNLI event in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Rivalry between crab and lobster was temporarily put aside as Cromer and Sheringham joined forces at the former's annual lifeboat day.
RNLI spokesman Audrey Smith said: 'With plenty of attractions visitors enjoyed lots to see and hear.
'Live music was provided by the Sheringham Shantymen before the annual lifeboat service led by the Cawston Band. Earlier, Zingaro Blue performed.
'The stall-holders did a roaring trade and activities to wow the crowds included an afternoon display by both of Cromer RNLI's lifeboats. The boats were joined by Sheringham RNLI to the delight of the crowds. The mini lifeboat was very popular with younger visitors.'
Richard Leeds, Cromer RNLI operations manager, said: 'I would like to thank all the many generous people who attended and helped us raise a great deal of money. It is always a popular event and visitors come long distances to have a great day out, support local traders and watch the lifeboat displays.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer