Village gets set for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Honing church flower festival, entitled, Honing: Its people and places in flowers, is being held on Saturday 22nd and Sunday, June 23, from 11am – 4pm, in Honing church, there will be refreshments and a tombola.
Also, in Honing Village Hall there will be a plant sale and the Village Forge, and old shop museum will be open.
On the Sunday the North Norfolk Tractor Club will be starting their tractor run from Honing church at 10.30am meeting at church from 9.30am for coffee, before the run to the coast.
Organiser, Diana Howes, said, "I came up with this idea for a flower festival theme based around Honing and its people who live and work here, including places where people once worked, like the old Honing school, forge, railway, canal, and shops.
"The village people and the flower arrangers have been very encouraging with lots of ideas to decorate the church.
"The business people have been fabulous in sponsoring the flower arrangement. Some of those display are the electrician, physiotherapist, hairdresser, carpenter, plus Honing School, farms, artists, the Old Village Shop, the North Norfolk Tractor Club, plus lots more."
All money raised will go towards Honing and Crostwight church funds
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party