Village gets set for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Honing church flower festival, entitled, Honing: Its people and places in flowers, is being held on Saturday 22nd and Sunday, June 23, from 11am – 4pm, in Honing church, there will be refreshments and a tombola.
Also, in Honing Village Hall there will be a plant sale and the Village Forge, and old shop museum will be open.
On the Sunday the North Norfolk Tractor Club will be starting their tractor run from Honing church at 10.30am meeting at church from 9.30am for coffee, before the run to the coast.
Organiser, Diana Howes, said, "I came up with this idea for a flower festival theme based around Honing and its people who live and work here, including places where people once worked, like the old Honing school, forge, railway, canal, and shops.
"The village people and the flower arrangers have been very encouraging with lots of ideas to decorate the church.
You may also want to watch:
"The business people have been fabulous in sponsoring the flower arrangement. Some of those display are the electrician, physiotherapist, hairdresser, carpenter, plus Honing School, farms, artists, the Old Village Shop, the North Norfolk Tractor Club, plus lots more."
All money raised will go towards Honing and Crostwight church funds
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?