WATCH: Man dances through town dressed as Wee Willie Winkie
- Credit: Archant
Town and district councillor for Cromer, Andreas Yiasimi, has danced through the streets of his town dressed in a nightgown.
Mr Yiasmi donned a nightdress and cap and took on the character of nursery rhyme character Wee Willie Winkie to raise awareness and money for Seal and Shore Watch, a group set up last year to help protect seals and other marine birds and wildlife.
Carrying a candleholder, he knocked on several shop windows asking if the people inside were awake, before prancing down to the pier, where he cavorted in front of an open-air performance by shanty band the Blakeney Old Wild Rovers.
Mr Yiasimi said: 'Some people didn't know about (Seal and Shore Watch) and we've created awareness today.
'Wildlife along the coast is very important and we've got to look after our animals.
You may also want to watch:
'I just have a very small part to add to it.'
The group aims to become a registered charity and set up a field hospital for rescued seals.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk