WATCH: Man dances through town dressed as Wee Willie Winkie
- Credit: Archant
Town and district councillor for Cromer, Andreas Yiasimi, has danced through the streets of his town dressed in a nightgown.
Mr Yiasmi donned a nightdress and cap and took on the character of nursery rhyme character Wee Willie Winkie to raise awareness and money for Seal and Shore Watch, a group set up last year to help protect seals and other marine birds and wildlife.
Carrying a candleholder, he knocked on several shop windows asking if the people inside were awake, before prancing down to the pier, where he cavorted in front of an open-air performance by shanty band the Blakeney Old Wild Rovers.
Mr Yiasimi said: 'Some people didn't know about (Seal and Shore Watch) and we've created awareness today.
'Wildlife along the coast is very important and we've got to look after our animals.
You may also want to watch:
'I just have a very small part to add to it.'
The group aims to become a registered charity and set up a field hospital for rescued seals.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast