WATCH: Man dances through town dressed as Wee Willie Winkie
- Credit: Archant
Town and district councillor for Cromer, Andreas Yiasimi, has danced through the streets of his town dressed in a nightgown.
Mr Yiasmi donned a nightdress and cap and took on the character of nursery rhyme character Wee Willie Winkie to raise awareness and money for Seal and Shore Watch, a group set up last year to help protect seals and other marine birds and wildlife.
Carrying a candleholder, he knocked on several shop windows asking if the people inside were awake, before prancing down to the pier, where he cavorted in front of an open-air performance by shanty band the Blakeney Old Wild Rovers.
Mr Yiasimi said: 'Some people didn't know about (Seal and Shore Watch) and we've created awareness today.
'Wildlife along the coast is very important and we've got to look after our animals.
You may also want to watch:
'I just have a very small part to add to it.'
The group aims to become a registered charity and set up a field hospital for rescued seals.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death