‘Fascinating’ new sight on Norfolk beach attracts onlookers
- Credit: Archant
Tourists and locals have been heading down to a Norfolk beach today to catch a glimpse of a 'fascinating' new sight.
An anchor on Cromer beach has been a magnet for beach-goers ever since it first appeared this morning.
Cromer fisherman John Davies used his boat to transport it on to the beach.
He said: 'I found it about a mile off Cromer and brought it in today. I don't know anything about how old it is or its history.'
Jane Davis said on social media: 'I'm gathering it was towed in by a fishing boat this morning, having been marked by a buoy previously.
You may also want to watch:
'It's very large and very heavy! Fascinating, though.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 6 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 10 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet