‘Fascinating’ new sight on Norfolk beach attracts onlookers
- Credit: Archant
Tourists and locals have been heading down to a Norfolk beach today to catch a glimpse of a 'fascinating' new sight.
An anchor on Cromer beach has been a magnet for beach-goers ever since it first appeared this morning.
Cromer fisherman John Davies used his boat to transport it on to the beach.
He said: 'I found it about a mile off Cromer and brought it in today. I don't know anything about how old it is or its history.'
Jane Davis said on social media: 'I'm gathering it was towed in by a fishing boat this morning, having been marked by a buoy previously.
You may also want to watch:
'It's very large and very heavy! Fascinating, though.'
- 1 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 5 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s
- 6 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 9 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 10 Man accused of rape at party told woman 'none of this happened'