‘Fascinating’ new sight on Norfolk beach attracts onlookers
- Credit: Archant
Tourists and locals have been heading down to a Norfolk beach today to catch a glimpse of a 'fascinating' new sight.
An anchor on Cromer beach has been a magnet for beach-goers ever since it first appeared this morning.
Cromer fisherman John Davies used his boat to transport it on to the beach.
He said: 'I found it about a mile off Cromer and brought it in today. I don't know anything about how old it is or its history.'
Jane Davis said on social media: 'I'm gathering it was towed in by a fishing boat this morning, having been marked by a buoy previously.
You may also want to watch:
'It's very large and very heavy! Fascinating, though.'
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'