Paston College celebrates ‘amazing’ A-level results
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff were celebrating an 'amazing' set of A-level results at Paston College in north Norfolk.
The North Walsham sixth form college saw 74.7pc of pupils achieve A*-C grades and maintained a 99.3pc pass rate across all exams.
Staff described the results as an 'amazing achievement'.
Head of A-levels, Helen Williams, said: 'We are delighted to have maintained the extremely high pass rate of 99.3pc across the 546 exams that were taken by our students.
'We are incredibly proud of all the students' achievements which will support them to make excellent progression to university and are celebrating the amazing achievement of the 19 students who attained A* or A grades in all of their A level subjects.'
Kieran Davis, 18, achieved four A* grades in chemistry, biology, maths and psychology A-levels.
He said: 'It's all a bit overwhelming and a bit of a shock.
- 1 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 2 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 3 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 4 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 5 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 9 Ziggurat in pub's deer park could stay for good
- 10 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
'I'm going to UEA to study medicine and I was hoping to scrape 3 As.'
Mr Davis, who grew up in Sprowston, added: 'I liked the course and the green spaces on campus and I've applied for accommodation in the ziggurats.
'Since my GCSEs I started thinking about [medicine] but it's definitely what I want to do now. I'm just excited.'
'Ucas opened early which was quite a relief
'There were a few tears this morning - my mum and dad were proud.'
Laurence Fenn, aged 18, achieved three A*s in law, business and maths A-levels.
Mr Fenn, from Stalham, said: 'I'm doing business management at LSE.
'I couldn't sleep last night so I got up at four and went for a run to clam myself down.
'I was a bit nervous. I'm very excited - I haven't even been there yet so its all going to be very new.'
And Ellen Smith, 17, achieved A*AB grades, andis planning to go to drama school in London.
Miss Smith, from Worstead, said: 'I'm going to Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts where I hope to comtinue acting.'
She added: 'I've done a lot of drama at Paston and theatre in Norwich. I've just been in Jane Eyre at the Playhouse.
'It's something you don't have to be yourself in and you can explore different things. I just enjoy it.'
Out of the 546 exams sat by A-level students at Paston College, the number of passes was 542.
The college also has 37 high achievers who got all As and Bs in their results.