Paston College celebrates ‘amazing’ A-level results
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff were celebrating an 'amazing' set of A-level results at Paston College in north Norfolk.
The North Walsham sixth form college saw 74.7pc of pupils achieve A*-C grades and maintained a 99.3pc pass rate across all exams.
Staff described the results as an 'amazing achievement'.
Head of A-levels, Helen Williams, said: 'We are delighted to have maintained the extremely high pass rate of 99.3pc across the 546 exams that were taken by our students.
'We are incredibly proud of all the students' achievements which will support them to make excellent progression to university and are celebrating the amazing achievement of the 19 students who attained A* or A grades in all of their A level subjects.'
You may also want to watch:
Kieran Davis, 18, achieved four A* grades in chemistry, biology, maths and psychology A-levels.
He said: 'It's all a bit overwhelming and a bit of a shock.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
'I'm going to UEA to study medicine and I was hoping to scrape 3 As.'
Mr Davis, who grew up in Sprowston, added: 'I liked the course and the green spaces on campus and I've applied for accommodation in the ziggurats.
'Since my GCSEs I started thinking about [medicine] but it's definitely what I want to do now. I'm just excited.'
'Ucas opened early which was quite a relief
'There were a few tears this morning - my mum and dad were proud.'
Laurence Fenn, aged 18, achieved three A*s in law, business and maths A-levels.
Mr Fenn, from Stalham, said: 'I'm doing business management at LSE.
'I couldn't sleep last night so I got up at four and went for a run to clam myself down.
'I was a bit nervous. I'm very excited - I haven't even been there yet so its all going to be very new.'
And Ellen Smith, 17, achieved A*AB grades, andis planning to go to drama school in London.
Miss Smith, from Worstead, said: 'I'm going to Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts where I hope to comtinue acting.'
She added: 'I've done a lot of drama at Paston and theatre in Norwich. I've just been in Jane Eyre at the Playhouse.
'It's something you don't have to be yourself in and you can explore different things. I just enjoy it.'
Out of the 546 exams sat by A-level students at Paston College, the number of passes was 542.
The college also has 37 high achievers who got all As and Bs in their results.