Hatter plans to put a lid on church’s Easter service
- Credit: Archant
Easter Sunday at a north Norfolk church will be 'topped off' in style thanks to one parishioner's creative flair.
Sara Barton-Wood's love of lids has led her to create more than 50 distinctive pieces.
Mrs Barton-Wood, from Wymondham, said: "My husband and I used to sail, and I thought I really ought to protect my face so I bought a sun hat. I thought it was a bit plain, so I decorated it, and I got so many positive comments I thought I would have to do them for church."
Mrs Barton-Wood said it took her several days to create each hat.
"I raid charity shops in Wymondham and Aylsham, strip off the decorations, spray them another colour and then add my own decorations."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Barton-Wood's father lives in Aylsham and they go to services the town's parish church together.
She said she had agreed with the church's curate, Jack Brandford, to bring her entire collection along to an Easter Sunday service on April 12 for women to wear.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer