Hatter plans to put a lid on church’s Easter service
- Credit: Archant
Easter Sunday at a north Norfolk church will be 'topped off' in style thanks to one parishioner's creative flair.
Sara Barton-Wood's love of lids has led her to create more than 50 distinctive pieces.
Mrs Barton-Wood, from Wymondham, said: "My husband and I used to sail, and I thought I really ought to protect my face so I bought a sun hat. I thought it was a bit plain, so I decorated it, and I got so many positive comments I thought I would have to do them for church."
Mrs Barton-Wood said it took her several days to create each hat.
"I raid charity shops in Wymondham and Aylsham, strip off the decorations, spray them another colour and then add my own decorations."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Barton-Wood's father lives in Aylsham and they go to services the town's parish church together.
She said she had agreed with the church's curate, Jack Brandford, to bring her entire collection along to an Easter Sunday service on April 12 for women to wear.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast