Actress Bev Bishop’s glitzy style guru character Tina Bradshaw adds life coaching to her skills - and Bev does the same
- Credit: Archant
She has been dispensing diamanté-encrusted, high-heeled beauty and style advice to her clients.
Dressed in pink, dripping in bling, and with a mantra that everyone is 'gorgeous', the guru of girls' nights out has inspired and amused in equal measure.
But bouncy blonde Tina Bradshaw is adding another string to her bow, as a larger-than-life life coach.
Armed with pearls of wisdom and Chinese-style proverbs she is seeking to change lives, as well as looks.
Under Tina's fake-tanned skin is actress Bev Bishop from Cromer, who has landed an Arts Council grant to develop her character and take Tina's unique style of advice and entertainment on tour.
The character has performed at functions ranging from stage shows and women's groups to cabaret and corporate events - with her brash beauty tips mixed with nuggets of worldly wisdom.
She has also worked with vulnerable woman, and helped rebuild their self esteem.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
'While Tina is giving someone a make-over she finds out about their lives - like all hair and beauty therapists - so the life coaching seemed a natural development,' said Ms Bishop, whose life is running in parallel.
Bev, 45, is also training as in neuro-linguistic programming and hypnotherapy with the aim of setting up a practice at Cromer to help people change thoughts and perceptions to beat problems such as phobias and anxiety.
She has been an actor and dancer, and ran her own theatre company before a three-year spell as director of Sheringham Little Theatre. After that she was a freelance arts consultant, and development officer for Creative Arts East.
Tina, is a Hull-born lass, now from Great Yarmouth , whose interest in life-changing proverbs was sparked by her boyfriend's father - and fortune cookies at the Chinese takeaway he runs.
Bev said: 'Tina is blonde, beautiful and enjoys life but is full of common sense, because she has lived and has a warm heart.'
The £7,000 grant is helping to pay for equipment and travel costs plus a film-maker to provide clips for social networking sites.
Venues will range form shops to festival events.
On March 13 Tina will do a guest afternoon spot as an apprentice hairdresser at the Genesis salon in Hamilton Road, Cromer.
On March 22 she will waitress at tea rooms in Diss, and in May will appear in the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Tina is looking for other potential venues to showcase her new-found skills.
To contact her visit www.tinabradshaw.co.uk or her Facebook page. or email firstname.lastname@example.org