A149 traffic disruption goes on
Disruption at Beeston Regis caused by a burst water main looks set to continue until Tuesday while workers fix the road.A pipe on the A149 Cromer Road at Beeston Regis burst at about 5.
Disruption at Beeston Regis caused by a burst water main looks set to continue until Tuesday while workers fix the road.
A pipe on the A149 Cromer Road at Beeston Regis burst at about 5.30pm on Tuesday causing considerable damage and forcing traffic, including heavy goods vehicles, to be diverted along nearby Briton's Lane.
Anglia Water has fixed the water main and had hoped to have the road reopened by at the weekend.But following a meeting with its contractors and the Highways Agency the company said it would now have to replace 100sqm of the road surface to repair the damage caused when high-pressure water burst from the pipe.
Anglia Water spokesman Dan Baker said the road would not be reopened until Tuesday morning and diversions through the town would continue until then.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this week, homeowners in Beeston Regis said this was the third time the road had been closed due to a burst water main in just over a year and they were fed up with the disruption.
- 1 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 2 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 3 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 4 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 9 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 10 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k