A149 traffic disruption goes on
Disruption at Beeston Regis caused by a burst water main looks set to continue until Tuesday while workers fix the road.A pipe on the A149 Cromer Road at Beeston Regis burst at about 5.
Disruption at Beeston Regis caused by a burst water main looks set to continue until Tuesday while workers fix the road.
A pipe on the A149 Cromer Road at Beeston Regis burst at about 5.30pm on Tuesday causing considerable damage and forcing traffic, including heavy goods vehicles, to be diverted along nearby Briton's Lane.
Anglia Water has fixed the water main and had hoped to have the road reopened by at the weekend.But following a meeting with its contractors and the Highways Agency the company said it would now have to replace 100sqm of the road surface to repair the damage caused when high-pressure water burst from the pipe.
Anglia Water spokesman Dan Baker said the road would not be reopened until Tuesday morning and diversions through the town would continue until then.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this week, homeowners in Beeston Regis said this was the third time the road had been closed due to a burst water main in just over a year and they were fed up with the disruption.
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor