A140 closed after five vehicle crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Part of the A140 was closed after a crash involving five vehicles.
Police were called to the incident outside the Plough Inn pub on Old Norwich Road in Marsham, between Norwich and Aylsham, shortly after 5pm this evening.
The road was blocked in both directions, with both fire and ambulance crews in attendance.
It is thought one person was injured and one woman had to be cut from her car and was then taken to the hospital, however, the severity of the injuries is not known.
The crash involved a white Mercedes, a black BMW, a red Mazda, a Seat, and a Mitsubishi.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews from Aylsham, Sprowston, and Earlham attended the scene at around 5.20pm, releasing those trapped in their cars and making the scene safe.
Fire crews left the scene just after 6.30pm. Ambulance crews were also on the scene.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'It's about making great memories' Q&A with celebrant Jill Mayes
The road has now reopened after a recovery vehicle arrived on the scene just after 7pm.
Three vehicles were recovered and the road was cleared at 9.15pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.