A140 closed at Alby after overturned caravan blocks road
- Credit: Archant
A van towing a caravan has overturned on a north Norfolk road.
A section of the A140 at Alby with Thwaite has been closed following the incident.
In a tweet posted at 3.37pm, Sanders Coach company stated: 'Service alert X44/ X40.
'Due to an incident on the A140 the road has been closed at Alby.
'The X44/ X40 will be subject to delays and we have been informed the road should be reopened by 16.00
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you for your patience.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to a single vehicle road traffic accident at 2.58pm.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
'A van towing a caravan had overturned and the road is blocked.'
They added that the crash was not believed to be serious but that the road remains closed.
People are asked to avoid the area if possible.