A140 closed at Alby after overturned caravan blocks road
- Credit: Archant
A van towing a caravan has overturned on a north Norfolk road.
A section of the A140 at Alby with Thwaite has been closed following the incident.
In a tweet posted at 3.37pm, Sanders Coach company stated: 'Service alert X44/ X40.
'Due to an incident on the A140 the road has been closed at Alby.
'The X44/ X40 will be subject to delays and we have been informed the road should be reopened by 16.00
'Thank you for your patience.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to a single vehicle road traffic accident at 2.58pm.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
'A van towing a caravan had overturned and the road is blocked.'
They added that the crash was not believed to be serious but that the road remains closed.
People are asked to avoid the area if possible.