A140 closed at Alby after overturned caravan blocks road
- Credit: Archant
A van towing a caravan has overturned on a north Norfolk road.
A section of the A140 at Alby with Thwaite has been closed following the incident.
In a tweet posted at 3.37pm, Sanders Coach company stated: 'Service alert X44/ X40.
'Due to an incident on the A140 the road has been closed at Alby.
'The X44/ X40 will be subject to delays and we have been informed the road should be reopened by 16.00
'Thank you for your patience.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to a single vehicle road traffic accident at 2.58pm.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
'A van towing a caravan had overturned and the road is blocked.'
They added that the crash was not believed to be serious but that the road remains closed.
People are asked to avoid the area if possible.