A140 closed at Alby after overturned caravan blocks road
- Credit: Archant
A van towing a caravan has overturned on a north Norfolk road.
A section of the A140 at Alby with Thwaite has been closed following the incident.
In a tweet posted at 3.37pm, Sanders Coach company stated: 'Service alert X44/ X40.
'Due to an incident on the A140 the road has been closed at Alby.
'The X44/ X40 will be subject to delays and we have been informed the road should be reopened by 16.00
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you for your patience.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to a single vehicle road traffic accident at 2.58pm.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 3 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 4 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 7 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 8 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 9 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 10 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
'A van towing a caravan had overturned and the road is blocked.'
They added that the crash was not believed to be serious but that the road remains closed.
People are asked to avoid the area if possible.