A140 closed at Alby after overturned caravan blocks road
- Credit: Archant
A van towing a caravan has overturned on a north Norfolk road.
A section of the A140 at Alby with Thwaite has been closed following the incident.
In a tweet posted at 3.37pm, Sanders Coach company stated: 'Service alert X44/ X40.
'Due to an incident on the A140 the road has been closed at Alby.
'The X44/ X40 will be subject to delays and we have been informed the road should be reopened by 16.00
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you for your patience.'
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: 'We were called to a single vehicle road traffic accident at 2.58pm.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
'A van towing a caravan had overturned and the road is blocked.'
They added that the crash was not believed to be serious but that the road remains closed.
People are asked to avoid the area if possible.