£75,000 Sport England cash boost for Holt Rugby Football Club
A town sports hub will be revamped thanks to a £75,000 National Lottery windfall.
Holt Rugby Football Club, on Bridge Road in High Kelling, will receive the cash from Sport England to improve the bar, kitchen and social area of its clubhouse.
The work will cost about £150,000 and will start in the new year in preparation for next year's Rugby World Cup, due to start in September.
It is the second phase of three areas of improvements for the Rugby Union club, which coached England rugby stars Ben and Tom Youngs as children.
David Hitcham, club treasurer, said: 'The improvements will make a huge difference. It will provide better facilities for the people who currently use the clubhouse. We are hoping to involve more people in the community for various activities.'
You may also want to watch:
The club's toilets have just been revamped, costing £100,000, and the club hopes to improve the changing rooms, which could cost £250,000.
Sport England also granted £27,813 to Ashmanhaugh and Barton Wanderers Cricket Club.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake