£75,000 Sport England cash boost for Holt Rugby Football Club
A town sports hub will be revamped thanks to a £75,000 National Lottery windfall.
Holt Rugby Football Club, on Bridge Road in High Kelling, will receive the cash from Sport England to improve the bar, kitchen and social area of its clubhouse.
The work will cost about £150,000 and will start in the new year in preparation for next year's Rugby World Cup, due to start in September.
It is the second phase of three areas of improvements for the Rugby Union club, which coached England rugby stars Ben and Tom Youngs as children.
David Hitcham, club treasurer, said: 'The improvements will make a huge difference. It will provide better facilities for the people who currently use the clubhouse. We are hoping to involve more people in the community for various activities.'
You may also want to watch:
The club's toilets have just been revamped, costing £100,000, and the club hopes to improve the changing rooms, which could cost £250,000.
Sport England also granted £27,813 to Ashmanhaugh and Barton Wanderers Cricket Club.
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme