Foursome will try to pot 5,000 pool balls in 24 hours
- Credit: Sophie Kennedy
Four keen pool players are hoping the public will turn up on cue as they attempt to pocket 5,000 balls in the space of 24 hours.
Robert Scammell, from North Walsham, is part of the quartet staging the pool marathon underneath the clock tower in the town's Market Place.
Mr Scammell said: 'It means we have to clear a pool table in less than four minutes over and over again for 24 hours.
'This is all about fundraising, so we're inviting the public to take part.
'If you put some coins in a bucket, you can play until you don't pot anything on a shot.'
The attempt will be made on September 29, starting at 4pm and finishing at 4pm the next day.
They are raising money for the League of Friends of the North Walsham Cottage Hospital, and 20-year-old Sophie Kennedy, from Stalham, who has a kidney disorder.
Donations can be made online at www.gofundme.com.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'