Foursome will try to pot 5,000 pool balls in 24 hours
- Credit: Sophie Kennedy
Four keen pool players are hoping the public will turn up on cue as they attempt to pocket 5,000 balls in the space of 24 hours.
Robert Scammell, from North Walsham, is part of the quartet staging the pool marathon underneath the clock tower in the town's Market Place.
Mr Scammell said: 'It means we have to clear a pool table in less than four minutes over and over again for 24 hours.
'This is all about fundraising, so we're inviting the public to take part.
'If you put some coins in a bucket, you can play until you don't pot anything on a shot.'
You may also want to watch:
The attempt will be made on September 29, starting at 4pm and finishing at 4pm the next day.
They are raising money for the League of Friends of the North Walsham Cottage Hospital, and 20-year-old Sophie Kennedy, from Stalham, who has a kidney disorder.
Donations can be made online at www.gofundme.com.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'