Classic Fiat 500s create a buzz in Holt town centre
- Credit: Archant
Classic Fiat 500s are renowned for putting smiles on people's faces and they are doing the trick in Holt town centre today.
The Fiat 500 Club arrived in town on a north Norfolk tour and the cars are parked in Fish Hill and the Market Plain.
Organiser Steve Edmonds said: 'We've got 26 or 27 here; one or two broke down on the way.
'They made them from 1957 to 1975, and we've got some here from the early 1960s.
'What's special about them is that it's just a fun car, very basic, and you can fix them quickly and cheaply. Everybody loves them. You drive them through town and everybody smiles.'
His wife Mandy came drove her green Fiat 500, and the couple travelled from Northamptonshire as part of the Fiat 500 Club tour.
She said: 'We're staying in Blakeney. We're going to Wolferton station and then Sandringham tomorrow, and maybe then, on a seal water trip.
- 1 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 2 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 5 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 6 Norfolk woman wins national science teaching award
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 9 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 10 Sinkhole delays should be over 'today'
'I bought my car last year at the NEC classic car show.
'It's been renovated by a Rolls Royce restorer, who has put in Connolly leather seats and Wilton carpets, so it's a bit special. It's from 1965. 'Fiat 500s are cute and make everybody smile. They're so small, and you don't have so many small cars nowadays.'
Elaine Oliver, clerk at Holt Town Council, said: 'The town's really buzzing with them here and there's a good vibe.
'We hope to have more free events in the town that people can enjoy, and to heighten Holt's profile.'
The cars will be in the town centre until about 4pm today.