Come and support the team on their 25-mile treadmill walk for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Norfolk travel agents will be stepping on to the treadmill to help a local charity.
The Trot-a-thon 25-mile treadmill walk will be held at Hays Travel in Cromer, on Friday, October 5, from 11am to 3pm.
Branch manager Suzie Clare said: 'Hays Travel are raising funds for About with Friends, the Cromer-based charity providing specialist services for adults with learning disabilities.
'We have organised a Trot-a-thon and plan to walk 25 miles on a treadmill in the High Street branch.
'We will also be selling tea, coffee and cake and holding a raffle with some fabulous prizes including a £100 holiday voucher donated by Hays Travel. Please call in on the day to support the team.'
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Cummins, administrator for work skills at About with Friends, said: 'They contacted us and said they wanted to support a local cause, and they've been really kind. We are all looking forward to it.'
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 8 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart