22 new homes, including 12 affordable, being built in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-two new homes including 12 affordable are being built in a north Norfolk village.
Piority for the affordable rental homes on Holt Road, Edgefield, near Holt, will be given to local people once they are completed in summer 2020.
The £3.6m project will provide nine new homes for affordable rent and three for shared ownership, as well as ten new open market homes.
The homes are being built by Lowestoft-based contractor Wellington, and Broadland Housing Group executive development director Andrew Savage said: 'We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wellington on giving the people of Edgefield the opportunity to remain in the village.'
Wellington's managing director Paul Pitcher said: 'As a locally-based firm, we take great pride in building top quality affordable homes in the area.
You may also want to watch:
'Not only is this providing much needed homes for local people, but it is also creating employment for local people as well.'
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer