22 new homes, including 12 affordable, being built in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-two new homes including 12 affordable are being built in a north Norfolk village.
Piority for the affordable rental homes on Holt Road, Edgefield, near Holt, will be given to local people once they are completed in summer 2020.
The £3.6m project will provide nine new homes for affordable rent and three for shared ownership, as well as ten new open market homes.
The homes are being built by Lowestoft-based contractor Wellington, and Broadland Housing Group executive development director Andrew Savage said: 'We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wellington on giving the people of Edgefield the opportunity to remain in the village.'
Wellington's managing director Paul Pitcher said: 'As a locally-based firm, we take great pride in building top quality affordable homes in the area.
'Not only is this providing much needed homes for local people, but it is also creating employment for local people as well.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 9 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer