22 new homes, including 12 affordable, being built in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-two new homes including 12 affordable are being built in a north Norfolk village.
Piority for the affordable rental homes on Holt Road, Edgefield, near Holt, will be given to local people once they are completed in summer 2020.
The £3.6m project will provide nine new homes for affordable rent and three for shared ownership, as well as ten new open market homes.
The homes are being built by Lowestoft-based contractor Wellington, and Broadland Housing Group executive development director Andrew Savage said: 'We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wellington on giving the people of Edgefield the opportunity to remain in the village.'
Wellington's managing director Paul Pitcher said: 'As a locally-based firm, we take great pride in building top quality affordable homes in the area.
You may also want to watch:
'Not only is this providing much needed homes for local people, but it is also creating employment for local people as well.'
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend