22 new homes, including 12 affordable, being built in Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-two new homes including 12 affordable are being built in a north Norfolk village.
Piority for the affordable rental homes on Holt Road, Edgefield, near Holt, will be given to local people once they are completed in summer 2020.
The £3.6m project will provide nine new homes for affordable rent and three for shared ownership, as well as ten new open market homes.
The homes are being built by Lowestoft-based contractor Wellington, and Broadland Housing Group executive development director Andrew Savage said: 'We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wellington on giving the people of Edgefield the opportunity to remain in the village.'
Wellington's managing director Paul Pitcher said: 'As a locally-based firm, we take great pride in building top quality affordable homes in the area.
You may also want to watch:
'Not only is this providing much needed homes for local people, but it is also creating employment for local people as well.'
- 1 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
- 2 Holkham Estate hiring warden - with tasks to include nudist beach patrol
- 3 Cromer Pier to re-open to the public from next month
- 4 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 5 Plans show how old former care home site could become housing
- 6 School to test 150 pupils for Covid a day during March re-opening
- 7 Bid to knock down care home and build houses rejected
- 8 Student died after crashing car into a tree, inquest hears
- 9 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 10 WATCH: Teenage girls fined after setting fire to public toilet