Archive photographs of Norfolk town showcased in new calendar
- Credit: Archant
A popular annual calendar showcasing archive photographs of the North Walsham area will spark off many happy memories.
North Walsham and District Community Archive collects a photographic history of the town to keep it safe for future generations and available to the public.
Its calendar has quickly became a firm favourite with those who grew up in the town and remember 'the good old days', newcomers to the town interested in its history and those who now live further away - as copies are sent all over the world, via the website.
This year's calendar also includes useful local dates in appropriate squares.
Archive chairman Wayne Beauchamp said: 'This year's calendar is even bigger than before with the extra photos included being made possible by the generous support of so many local businesses advertising with us.
You may also want to watch:
'For the calendar months we picked another 12 gorgeous historic photos of the North Walsham area from our collection of thousands, taken by respected local photographers of yesteryear and four more were then included on the extra pages and cover.
'We then scanned them professionally, directly from the original negatives where possible and from highest quality sources where negatives were not available.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
'Choosing the photos to use - to create an interesting and attractive set - was a vigorous process, making sure we included iconic scenes, lost scenes and people. Each photo is litho printed at full A4 size on coated paper with a well-designed, A4 calendar below for each month.
'We are really proud to say this is a 100pc local product and is printed by Barnwell Printers of Aylsham.'
The calendar is available for £5 via Express Printing & Stationery and Swallows Coffee Shop, both in the Market Place. It's also available from the North Walsham Community shop in Market Place and M.i. North Walsham on Vicarage Street.
They are also available via the group's website, www.northwalshamarchive.co.uk.
It is hoped the calendar will raise the money to keep the group functioning productively for some time to come.
Its Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/NorthWalshamArchive/ has been running for five years and has over 6,000 members.