Archive photographs of Norfolk town showcased in new calendar
- Credit: Archant
A popular annual calendar showcasing archive photographs of the North Walsham area will spark off many happy memories.
North Walsham and District Community Archive collects a photographic history of the town to keep it safe for future generations and available to the public.
Its calendar has quickly became a firm favourite with those who grew up in the town and remember 'the good old days', newcomers to the town interested in its history and those who now live further away - as copies are sent all over the world, via the website.
This year's calendar also includes useful local dates in appropriate squares.
Archive chairman Wayne Beauchamp said: 'This year's calendar is even bigger than before with the extra photos included being made possible by the generous support of so many local businesses advertising with us.
You may also want to watch:
'For the calendar months we picked another 12 gorgeous historic photos of the North Walsham area from our collection of thousands, taken by respected local photographers of yesteryear and four more were then included on the extra pages and cover.
'We then scanned them professionally, directly from the original negatives where possible and from highest quality sources where negatives were not available.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
'Choosing the photos to use - to create an interesting and attractive set - was a vigorous process, making sure we included iconic scenes, lost scenes and people. Each photo is litho printed at full A4 size on coated paper with a well-designed, A4 calendar below for each month.
'We are really proud to say this is a 100pc local product and is printed by Barnwell Printers of Aylsham.'
The calendar is available for £5 via Express Printing & Stationery and Swallows Coffee Shop, both in the Market Place. It's also available from the North Walsham Community shop in Market Place and M.i. North Walsham on Vicarage Street.
They are also available via the group's website, www.northwalshamarchive.co.uk.
It is hoped the calendar will raise the money to keep the group functioning productively for some time to come.
Its Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/NorthWalshamArchive/ has been running for five years and has over 6,000 members.