Man arrested in connection with robbery on last night of Cromer Carnival
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a robbery on the final night of Cromer Carnival.
Norfolk police said it took place in Shipdham Avenue on Saturday, August 18.
A police spokesman said: 'The man was arrested on August 22 and questioned at Aylsham police investigation centre. He has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.'
The offence was originally reported as an assault, however, following further investigations police said it was now being treated as a robbery, after it was established a ring was stolen from the victim during the incident.
As reported at the time, a woman was left suffering concussion after an attack on a couple near the carnival field just after midnight. Police said a man and woman were approached by a group of people and attacked. The man did not suffer any injuries.
Cromer Carnival is the highlight of the summer season in the sunny seaside town.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party