Action hots up as club raises £2,000 in special golf day
- Credit: Archant
The competition and weather were hot at the Mundesley Golf Club am-am event as fundraising soared with the temperature.
Seventeen teams took part in the event, where entry fees, a raffle and auction raised £2000 towards club funds as it continues its drive to attract new members of all ages and abilities.
Scoring was high with the aptly named team 'Under Par' (Andrew Keates, Tony Bird, Joe Andrzejewski and Pat Kerrison) holding first position with 154 points for most of the afternoon.
But they were pipped to the prize by the penultimate team on the course, Ben's Team (David Clarke, Diana Clarke, Adam Brown and Stephen Hall) came in with 158 points to take the honours.
Club chairman Donald Stuart said: 'The weather was marvellous, course in great condition and thanks to our hardworking catering and bar staff everyone was well-fed and watered.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer