Action hots up as club raises £2,000 in special golf day
- Credit: Archant
The competition and weather were hot at the Mundesley Golf Club am-am event as fundraising soared with the temperature.
Seventeen teams took part in the event, where entry fees, a raffle and auction raised £2000 towards club funds as it continues its drive to attract new members of all ages and abilities.
Scoring was high with the aptly named team 'Under Par' (Andrew Keates, Tony Bird, Joe Andrzejewski and Pat Kerrison) holding first position with 154 points for most of the afternoon.
But they were pipped to the prize by the penultimate team on the course, Ben's Team (David Clarke, Diana Clarke, Adam Brown and Stephen Hall) came in with 158 points to take the honours.
Club chairman Donald Stuart said: 'The weather was marvellous, course in great condition and thanks to our hardworking catering and bar staff everyone was well-fed and watered.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 6 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk