WATCH: Beach cleaner collects 17kg of plastic from beach
- Credit: Archant
A beach cleaner collected 17kg of plastic from West Runton beach.
Photographer Chris Taylor, from Sheringhan, said on social media: 'Saddened to see millions of pieces/beads of polystyrene coating part of the beach at West Runton. 'Almost impossible to pick up unless people want to get brushes and shovels and make a proper go of it.
'I picked up over 17kg of plastic - bottles, balls, 42 tennis balls, lighters, rope trays, etc.'
He added: 'I'm not sure why it's all on the beach now. Maybe it's just the weather conditions. I'm carrying out my own beach clean. I'm collected about 30kg so far, and I'm hoping other people will go down to the beach and help out.'
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 6 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 7 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 8 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Will Anne Boleyn’s ghost appear on this Norwich bridge tonight?