WATCH: Beach cleaner collects 17kg of plastic from beach
- Credit: Archant
A beach cleaner collected 17kg of plastic from West Runton beach.
Photographer Chris Taylor, from Sheringhan, said on social media: 'Saddened to see millions of pieces/beads of polystyrene coating part of the beach at West Runton. 'Almost impossible to pick up unless people want to get brushes and shovels and make a proper go of it.
'I picked up over 17kg of plastic - bottles, balls, 42 tennis balls, lighters, rope trays, etc.'
He added: 'I'm not sure why it's all on the beach now. Maybe it's just the weather conditions. I'm carrying out my own beach clean. I'm collected about 30kg so far, and I'm hoping other people will go down to the beach and help out.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 9 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?