New 110-home development plus primary school for Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Revised plans for a 110-home development in a Norfolk town plus two hectares of safeguarded land for a new primary school have been submitted.
Cheshire-based developer Gladman Developments Ltd has applied for outline planning permission for the scheme off Beresford Road in Holt.
The development, which borders Holt Country Park, would include 30pc affordable homes plus public open space and recreation facilities.
Paul Roberts, Gladman Developments Ltd project manager, said: 'North Norfolk District Council is hoping to take this one to committee in June.'
A public consultation was held on the plans last year and, following responses, the new proposals include changes to the scheme design.
Four years ago the developer's bid to build 170 homes on the site was refused planning permission after a failed appeal.
Back in 2015 the council's development committee refused Gladman's application partly because it said the site was outside Holt's development boundary.
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 8 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK