New 110-home development plus primary school for Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Revised plans for a 110-home development in a Norfolk town plus two hectares of safeguarded land for a new primary school have been submitted.
Cheshire-based developer Gladman Developments Ltd has applied for outline planning permission for the scheme off Beresford Road in Holt.
The development, which borders Holt Country Park, would include 30pc affordable homes plus public open space and recreation facilities.
Paul Roberts, Gladman Developments Ltd project manager, said: 'North Norfolk District Council is hoping to take this one to committee in June.'
A public consultation was held on the plans last year and, following responses, the new proposals include changes to the scheme design.
You may also want to watch:
Four years ago the developer's bid to build 170 homes on the site was refused planning permission after a failed appeal.
Back in 2015 the council's development committee refused Gladman's application partly because it said the site was outside Holt's development boundary.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 6 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 7 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 8 Norfolk Lights Express: More details revealed about festive favourite
- 9 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country