New 110-home development plus primary school for Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Revised plans for a 110-home development in a Norfolk town plus two hectares of safeguarded land for a new primary school have been submitted.
Cheshire-based developer Gladman Developments Ltd has applied for outline planning permission for the scheme off Beresford Road in Holt.
The development, which borders Holt Country Park, would include 30pc affordable homes plus public open space and recreation facilities.
Paul Roberts, Gladman Developments Ltd project manager, said: 'North Norfolk District Council is hoping to take this one to committee in June.'
A public consultation was held on the plans last year and, following responses, the new proposals include changes to the scheme design.
You may also want to watch:
Four years ago the developer's bid to build 170 homes on the site was refused planning permission after a failed appeal.
Back in 2015 the council's development committee refused Gladman's application partly because it said the site was outside Holt's development boundary.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip