That’s a stretch! MP enjoys yoga on 10th anniversary visit to pre-school
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb has marked a pre-school's 10th anniversary with a spot of yoga.
A decade after he officially opened the school Mr Lamb, 61, paid a visit to Swanton Abbott Pre-School and found the youngsters about to begin their daily yoga session, so he joined in.
The pre-school was one of the first to teach yoga and mindfulness to early years pupils.
Mr Lamb said he was: 'Really impressed to see yoga in action and to participate. This is exactly what pre-schools should be doing and I am excited to see it spreading across Norfolk'.
Teresa Drew, the pre-school's manager, said she was delighted with the MP's visit, which followed 10 years of steady improvements. She said: 'It is great to see Norman, he was relaxed and at ease with the children, we have come a long way since our opening back in 2008 and I'm really pleased he was able to come and see our progress.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 Lorry crashes into powerlines in Cromer town centre
- 3 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 4 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 5 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 6 WATCH: Fish and chip shop oil thieves caught on camera
- 7 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 8 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 9 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk