10 things to do in north Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A raggle-taggle bunch of curious characters will welcoming visitors to Trunch, near North Walsham, on Sunday from 10am-4pm, as part of the village's annual Open Gardens and Scarecrow Day. The event, which this year celebrates its tenth anniversary, will include gun dog displays, a flower show, stalls, light lunches and line dancing. Entry is £3 (under 16s free) by wristband from the village hall, with all proceeds going to Trunch village projects.
Felbrigg Church is holding its annual flower festival, with games and stalls in the churchyard. The event runs daily from 10am-4pm from Saturday until Monday.
There's an open day at Colby Church from 10am-4pm on Saturday. Tea coffee and cake served in the churchyard, with preserves, bric-a-brac, books, plants and a tombola. Free entry, with parking near the church.
Peterborough Salvation Army Band will be leading an open-air service on Otterndorf Green, Sheringham on Saturday at 3pm, before staging a music evening at the Salvation Army Hall, Cremer Street, at 7pm. Tickets for the evening performance (priced £6) are available on the door or from the Salvation Army shop in Church Street.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 7 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 8 Race on to save incredible medieval wall paintings in Norfolk
- 9 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
St Andrew's Methodist Church, Sheringham, is hosting a table top sale for United Charities, including Fairtrade, on Saturday from 9am-midday. With coffee, tea and biscuits.
Sheringham and Cromer Choral Society will be performing Haydn, The Seasons at the Auden Theatre, Holt on Saturday at 7.30pm. Tickets (priced £15, under 18s free) are available by phoning 01263 713444.
The Wheatsheaf Inn, at West Beckham, is hosting a Live Blues event featuring The Raven blues band on Sunday from 2pm-5pm. All welcome, entry is free.
Sea Palling with Waxham village hall will be hosting a village fete from 1pm-4pm on Saturday. With model railway demonstrations, Happisburgh Owls, cream teas, a barbecue and games including a welly wanging competition.
The Museum of the Broads, at Stalham, is holding a toys and models day on Sunday from 10am-4pm. Meet local collectors and enthusiasts and see working model toys and boats.
There's a car boot sale and hog roast at Upper Sheringham village hall on Sunday from midday onwards. With a performance by Cromer and Sheringham Brass Band at 2pm. To book a pitch, phone 01263 825827.