£230,000 apartment with access to tennis court for sale in historic house
- Credit: Sowerbys
A one-bedroom apartment situated in a former Grade II listed farmhouse has come up for sale in the north Norfolk village of Binham, which is home to several other listed buildings and the 11th century Benedictine priory.
Advertised at a guide price of £230,000, the one-bedroom apartment is located on the second floor of Abbey House, formerly known as Abbey Farmhouse, which was constructed in the 16th century.
The original house was thought to be 'L'-shaped but was re-faced in the late 19th century, when a new wing was also added. It was formally listed by Historic England in 1951.
Today, the building is divided up and access to this particular apartment, which is currently on the market with Sowerbys, is through the main reception hall.
The apartment itself is no ordinary space. Its private entrance hall has currently been partitioned off to allow enough space for a single bed, and there is also a good-sized sitting room featuring a dormer window that overlooks the rest of the property's well-kept grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Sowerbys describe the kitchen/breakfast room as a "triumph". It includes plenty of storage space, an integrated oven and hob and space for a table and chairs, all of which is nestled under a vaulted ceiling beside a pretty arched window.
The double bedroom is also of a good size, and is well-served by a family bathroom with panelled bath and shower over.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 4 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 5 Dispute over coastal holiday park plans
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 8 Parts of north Norfolk coast stay quiet in first weekend after roadmap
- 9 Popular heritage railway to reopen in April
- 10 Lifeboat called to four people and dog stranded off the coast
The grounds of Abbey House provide plenty of off-road parking, as well as beautifully mature and well-stocked gardens, which are well cared for. There is also a tennis court.
The annual service charge is currently £2,300, which includes ground rent, water and buildings insurance.
Contact Sowerbys for more information.
Warham Road, Binham
Guide price: £230,000
Sowerbys, 01328 711711, www.sowerbys.com