Take a look back at this charming village on the Broads in the 1960s
- Credit: Archant Library
Some people call it the 'Capital of the Broads'.
But there is much more to Wroxham than its proximity to this stunning area of natural beauty.
And today we are stepping back in time to the 1960s to see what life looked like in the village at the time.
Anyone who has driven to or through Wroxham in the height of summer knows what the traffic can be like - but compare that to these street scenes from sixty years ago.
Then there's the Church of St Mary, hidden away in its secluded and peaceful hilltop spot.
But it's the people that make a place, and perhaps you recognise someone you know in these pictures.
And of course, no tale about Wroxham would be complete without a nod to the regattas, boat yards and riverside scenes from yesteryear.
- 1 Bin collection days to change for north Norfolk
- 2 Levelling Up bids submitted for pair of Norfolk towns
- 3 North Norfolk village road bridge to undergo repairs after crash
- 4 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 5 Lioness star Lauren Hemp enjoys return of hometown beer festival
- 6 Olivia Colman donates Disney bench to Norfolk youth charity
- 7 Two 'exhausted' women rescued after being found clinging to dinghy
- 8 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
- 10 Teenager charged with possessing a knife in coastal town
Please enjoy these old photos of Wroxham in the 1960s - we hope they bring back fond memories of this wonderful village on the Norfolk Broads.
For more old photos and articles about Norfolk history and heritage, subscribe to our fortnightly Through the Decades email newsletter. Sign up by clicking here.